MorphyBooks

Morphys' Book Blog

Thicker Than Blood
Claire C. Riley, Madeline Sheehan

Review: Stolen Songbird (Malediction Trilogy #1)

Stolen Songbird (Malediction Trilogy 1) - Danielle L. Jensen

Cecile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken to Trollus where she is sold to the King and bonded to the heir, Prince Tristan in hopes of breaking the curse placed on Trollus by a powerful witch. At first Cecile wants nothing but to leave but once she gets to know the people and what they’re fighting for she is determined to help them or go down fighting.

I’ve never read a book about trolls so I was very excited when I heard of Stolen Songbird, the synopsis is catching and the cover is beautiful. Not only that, but the writing is magical, it drew me in and I was spellbound. My house suffered as instead of cleaning I was reading and reading some more.

Cecile de Troyes is a human girl kidnapped and sold to the trolls. Bonded and married to Prince Tristan, the hope to half-blooded trolls. For it is she who is supposed to break the curse holding them in Trollus, cursed to live in darkness buried beneath the earth. She is a strong character who puts others before herself. She is focused on her goals and once she sets her mind on something she puts everything into it. I really liked her character, I felt sorry for her for losing everything she knew and threw into a world she believed was fantasy. She handled it all remarkably well and adapted.

Tristan was a difficult character to like at first, all his moves were calculated, he fought the bonding at every turn but it was for a good purpose, and once the reason became known I warmed up to him quickly. He is a great character and will hopefully one day be an awesome king who values all his subjects, not just the full bloods like those before him, including his father.

I love how the story evolved, so many parts were unexpected and I was pleasantly surprised at many turns. The ending was definitely a surprise but a welcome one even if it broke my heart. I hate cliff hangers as now I’m dying to know what happens next, it’s going to be a long wait!

**A copy was provided for review purposes**

Source: http://morphybooksblog.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/review-stolen-songbird