MorphyBooks

Morphys' Book Blog

Thicker Than Blood
Claire C. Riley, Madeline Sheehan

Review: Wicked Hunger (Someone Wicked This Way Comes #1)

Wicked Hunger: SomeOne Wicked This Way Comes: 1 - DelSheree Gladden

Van, Zander and Oscar are siblings who all suffers from a curse, hunger. They have to fight their hunger all the time and certain people can set it off. When the new girl Ivy starts at their school she sets both Van’s and Zander’s hunger off, which is unheard of for them both to react to the same person. Zander is unable to stay away from Ivy and has to fight his raging hunger around her constantly. Can he control it or will his hunger control him?

Do you ever compare books to others you’ve read? The majority of the time I don’t but I did with Wicked Hunger, I couldn’t stop myself. Twilight was my comparison. New girl starts school, boy is drawn to her, he can hurt her but can’t stop himself from being around her. His family warn him off but he ignores them. Ring a bell? God, it annoyed the living day lights out of me :(

I really wanted to love Wicked Hunger, the synopsis really grabbed my attention but unfortunately it just wasn’t meant to be. I did enjoy it I guess but it wasn’t anything special for me. I found myself taking long breaks from reading and when I did pick it back up it took me a while to get back into the story.

I couldn’t connect with any of the characters, not one. Van wasn’t too bad as she stuck by her brother and was determined to save him even if he wasn’t willing to save himself, she didn’t give up on him which I admired. Zander was a selfish ass who really irritated me, I mean he forces Van to choose him over someone she’s loved since kindergarten but is unwilling to do the same for her with someone he’s only just met?

But I did enjoy the ending. And not because it meant I was done, I was shocked when I finished it and wanted to keep reading. I didn’t expect it at all and now I’m dying to know what they’re going to do. Will it help or make it worse? Is he really there to help or has he got an ulterior motive? Argghhhh……I hate a book leaving me with questions. Whether or not I’ll read the next book to get answers who knows, we shall see.

**A copy was provided for review purposes**

Source: http://morphybooksblog.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/review-wicked-hunger