MorphyBooks

Morphys' Book Blog

Thicker Than Blood
Claire C. Riley, Madeline Sheehan

Review: The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon #2)

The Da Vinci Code  - Dan Brown

I’ve had this on my bookshelf for a few years now and after watching the movie decided it was time for me to read it. I think perhaps I would have enjoyed it more had I not watched the movie first as I kept comparing it to the book throughout.

I chose to read this solely because I enjoyed the film, purely for entertainment reasons. I’m not a religious person so this didn’t wave any red flags for me; if anything it made me question my knowledge on religion.

I loved the code-breaking, puzzles and riddles as they always kept me on my toes, trying to guess before they worked it out (didn’t have much luck though). I thought the symbology was amazing the way they saw it in everything and especially in Da Vinci’s art. This was a real page-turner for me but had to keep reminding myself to keep an open-mind and not judge.

A good mystery, thriller filled with lots of suspense. Unfortunately it’s just not my type of book.

Source: http://morphybooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/review-the-da-vinci-code