MorphyBooks

Morphys' Book Blog

Thicker Than Blood
Claire C. Riley, Madeline Sheehan

Review: Aberrant (Aberrant #1)

Aberrant (Aberrant #1) - Ruth  Silver

After leaving Genesis Olivia and Joshua are taken to Haven, one of the rebellion towns, where they are given a new set of rules to follow; one of which is to stay away from each other (how is this fair?). Olivia is given the ultimatum of choosing herself a husband to mate with in the next three years or one would be chosen for her. Luckily when the town is attacked Olive and Josh escape.

Poor Olivia, no matter where she ends up people still want to use her for their own gains; because she’s special or so they believe. I became attached to Olivia early on, she is a good choice as a main character, i love her rebellious streak and also her determination. Joshua is a great character, the devotion he shows towards Olivia is impressive and makes me love him even more. The relationship shared between them is one to treasure as they always have each others back, it’s very heartwarming.

I now understand why it’s said to be like ‘Matched’ and ‘The Hunger Games’. I partly agree but also disagree as i enjoyed Aberrant more than either of the other two.

I love Ruth’s style of writing, it didn’t take long to read at all because the words just seemed to flow and i didn’t want to put it down. It’s very fast-paced and caught my attention from the get go.

I can’t wait to read more of the Aberrant series. I hope we get to see Olivia’s mum and also the survivors of Haven again, i feel as if we have barely scratched the surface with them.

Aberrant finishes whilst they are both still learning about the world they live in and i’m eager to find out what they discover and how it affects them both!

**A copy was provided for review purposes**

Source: http://morphybooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/09/review-aberrant