MorphyBooks

Morphys' Book Blog

Thicker Than Blood
Claire C. Riley, Madeline Sheehan

Review: A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire #1)

A Shade of Vampire (A Shade Of Vampire, #1) - Bella Forrest

Sofia is taken from the beach on her seventeenth birthday by a vampire called Lucas. Sofia is taken to an island that houses the biggest vampire coven. She is chosen out of hundreds to join the prince, Derek’s harem.

Holy Moses, I completely loved A Shade of Vampire. The plot was amazing and different to anything I’ve read in the past. Forrest is a genius, her writing style left me speechless and she had me sucked in from the start.

Sofia didn’t leave a good impression at first, at least not for me but she soon grew on me. Especially her stunt once introduced to Derek with Gwen. She’s been through a lot but still keeps her strength and her determination to escape gave me high hopes for her.

Derek Novak was completely different than I expected! I thought I’d hate him and he’d be a heartless monster, pretty much like Lucas, his brother but he wasn’t like that at all. He wasn’t an arrogant jerk but a man trying to do what’s right.

The Shade was a thing of beauty, the pavilion, my god in my head it looked completely brilliant! Imagine a network of houses all built in the trees, spectacular. And the safety measures in place to keep the vampires protected from the world outside was awesome!

Overall I completely loved A Shade of Vampire and I’m eager to read the next book in the series, A Shade of Blood. I’d really recommend reading this if you a paranormal/vampire fan!

**A copy was provided for review purposes**

Source: http://morphybooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/09/15/review-a-shade-of-vampire