MorphyBooks

Morphys' Book Blog

Thicker Than Blood
Claire C. Riley, Madeline Sheehan

Review: Fire of Stars and Dragons (Stars and Souls #1)

Fire of Stars and Dragons - Melissa Petreshock

Review
Caitriona Hayden is living in a time where women weren’t treated as equals. She was just a normal human woman until a dragon took her as his ward. From there her world was turned upside down. Not only does she have a dragon but also a deity, a demigod fighting for her love. And last but not least, a Vampire, the King of sovereign America. Cait has some hard decisions ahead of her and some BIG changes to come.

I really don’t know where to start. I have only just finished the last page and have to write my review now whilst it’s fresh. There’s just so much I want to say but won’t be able to as I’d just give most of the story away, can’t be doing that now can I?

Cait is a great character, I absolutely loved her. She doesn’t take no bullsh*t and speaks her mind. She shows strength and leadership in a time where women weren’t seen as they should be. She has some difficult times but learns to adapt and use it to her advantage. Not only does she have three men wanting her hand in marriage but she has changes coming to her she knows nothing about but through it all she remains strong, witty and stands up for herself. She has an attitude too which was amazing. It amused me to no end how she treated everyone and wasn’t scared of them when anyone else would be.

Theo was a bit of an ass but I enjoyed him too. It annoyed me a bit how he didn’t think he was good enough and kept pushing her towards another. He was uncertain a lot and it angered me repeatedly but without it the story wouldn’t have been the same.

I loved all of the dragons. Dragons are one of my if not my most favourite magical beings/creatures. They fascinate me to no end and I adore them, I want my own dragon!! Claaron AKA Snowflake was one of my favourites. He loved teasing and being a devil but he had a jealous, mean streak in him too, any scenes with him in never failed to make me smile. And Jai was another one. He was completely unique, different than all the rest and completely adored Cait. He’d do anything for her as would the others but i think he takes it to a new level. Talons anyone? Haha

Fire of Stars and Dragons was a magical read. It was full of love, power, strength, battles and most importantly Dragons! Who doesn’t love dragons? I really really enjoyed this one and can’t wait to read book 2 as soon as I can get my hands on it. Until then I shall wait impatiently ;)

**A copy was provided for review purposes**

Source: http://morphybooksblog.wordpress.com/2014/05/15/blog-tour-fire-of-stars-and-dragons